~Welcome to Legal Issue In Internet! The purpose to create this blog is to let you and I understand more about Legal Issue in Internet. Feel free to drop some comment and constantly visit our blog we will be appreciated. Thank You ~

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A sharing of my friend

I got a friend is doing law for her studies.
Here is some information that she shares with me about trademark.

A trade mark can be a logo, picture, a slogan or any combination of all these.

Here is the examples :-
nike logo Example of trademark slogan and logo


walkman logoExample of trademark logo


fcuk logo Example of trademark logo
Konica logo Example of trademark picture (Konica)

Mc donalds logoExample trademark of combination of logo and slogan

More over, she told me that, not every name is registrable, for example like PERFECT. Actually not everyone have to apply for trademark, however if somebody is infringing your mark and the mark is not registered, there will be a "passing off" law and this action is very expensive.

After these, I had understand more deeply about what is trademark and it's lucky to have a friend like her. In the future I think if I'm doing business I would be apply for the trademark to ensure my mark is not infringe by others.

2 comments:

  1. What are the existing trademarks law/ acts related to online applications?

    ReplyDelete
  2. However i think that having trademark is good. This makes others not to copy other peoples brand name of whatever so.
    This also can brings out the confidence of the consumer to buy the product.
    As we can see,brands with trademark on has more consumer buying it and it last longer too. haha!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © 2009 Legal Issue in Internet,All Rights Reserved, Last Update 19th Feb 2009, Time: 17:36 (GMT +0800) Best Supported by Google Chrome,Mozilla Firefox,Internet Explorer,Internet Explorer 7 Any enquiry do make a comment in our blog or email to gorgeousgirl2009@hotmail.com